I big Thank You to Julie Smith, who drove this again this year. Julie asked me to pass this on to the entire community:
A HUGE Thank you to the entire Queen Anne Elementary School community for your help, support, and participation in the Hour of Code! Our kids were both excited and engaged throughout the day!
Please help continue this momentum! Check out the resources below!
Thanks to the parents who volunteered during the day and brought in food and drinks for volunteers and staff. We had 30+ volunteers!
Special thanks to all the teachers for working this into their busy schedules, sacrificing one2one iPads and the teachers’ lounge, and helping to get our kids excited about learning these critical 21st Century Skills.
- Visit http://studio.code.org/ to continue the exploration!
- Early readers should check out: Course 1
- Readers should try: Play Lab, Flappy Code, and Courses 2,3, and 4
- Scratch Jr’s iPad app is also good for 1st and 2nd graders
- Khan Academy is also a great resource for computer programming education